from inq7.net: TIMBER FIRM VS RESIDENTS Townsfolk warn of war on logging. DINGALAN, Aurora, Philippines — Residents of this typhoon-ravaged town are resisting government attempts to bring logs swept off the mountain to a sawmill, warning of war should this happen.
“If they proceed with the plan to take the logs out of here and bring these to Green Circle (Properties and Resources Corp.), I tell you there would be war,” Benito Lopez, chair of the Samahan ng Magbubukid sa Umiray, the farmers’ association in Umiray village, told the Inquirer on Friday.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014