Inside the Baler church, on the rear wall at the right side of the altar, there are three lapidas or gravestones. Apparently the three persons named in the lapidas were buried there in the church. One was Ma. Dolores Molina, the mother of Manuel L. Quezon. I have no idea why it was not inscribed as Ma. Dolores Quezon. The other one was Zeneida V de Aragon, the mother of Aurora Aragon Quezon. Ma. Dolores and Ma. Zeneida were sisters. Yes, Manuel L. Quezon and Aurora A. Quezon were first cousins, get over it. And their grandfather was a priest. But that’s another story.
The third lapida is a puzzle. It was inscribed IN MEMORIAM LUISITO +5 MARZO 1909. The absence of a last name kind of made the thing mysterious. I have a copy of the Molina genealogy and there was no Luisito there aside from Manuel Luis Quezon. I don’t know if he was related to the Molina family or some worker in the church. But to be buried there inside the church along with the parents of the two most important Balerianos in history, Luisito must have been someone special. Any idea who Luisito was?
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014