The 107th Anniversary of the Siege of Baler and the 4th Philippine-Spanish Friendship Day Celebration was held this morning at the Baler Church and Museo de Baler amidst intermittent rainfall. The simple celebration started with a wreath laying ceremony in front of the Baler Church followed by a program in front of Museo de Baler. The ceremonies were attended by different local government officials and representatives from the embassy of Spain and the National Historical Institute. Also present were representatives of the descendants of the heroes of the Siege of Baler and employees of different local government offices and students from the different schools of Baler.
Three new exhibits were also opened at the Museo de Baler, namely: The Ilongot, Local But Not Homegrown (plants introduced by Spain) and Lines Across Time (19th Century Fil-Hispanic Architecture).
More pictures to follow.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014