from sunstar zamboanga: Smart Click: Broadbanding the countryside.
In its goal to make Internet and communications services available to every Filipino, especially for those who cannot afford home-based Internet access, Smart Communications, Inc. (Smart) has started the roll out of mobile Internet cafes nationwide.
Called Smart Click Internet and More, this latest innovation by Smart is unique. It is housed in a movable air-conditioned 40-foot container van with 15 computers for rent, and serves as a one-stop digital shop in places with limited or no provisions for high-speed Internet.
Smart started the roll out of Smart Click branches on April 1 in Ayala, Zamboanga. It subsequently opened branches in Basco, Batanes; Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay; Sta. Maria, Bulacan; Bantayan, Cebu; Dolores, Eastern Samar; Malolos, Bulacan; Bulan, Sorsogon; Barobo, Surigao del Sur; Balangiga, Eastern Samar; San Juan, Leyte; Tandag, Surigao del Sur; Concepcion, Tarlac; San Jose, Antique; Baler, Aurora; Virac, Catanduanes; San Miguel, Bulacan; and Catanauan, Quezon.
My two-cents worth:
The Smart Click here in Baler is located at the corner of Recto St. and the Quezon highway. I was planning to blog about it but I got lazy. It’s a blue container van on stilts. I think the thing came too late. Baler is already saturated with internet shops with rentals more cheaper than the 30 pesos per hour they offer. The speed is also the same with the other internet cafes because they are using the same network – the Smart wifi service now called Smart Bro.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014