Lukayo – Hindi Ito Bastos the documentary produced by Howie Severino for the I-Witness program on GMA7 is available on Youtube. The controversioal docu showing giant sculpted penises being used in an old wedding ritual resulted in the suspension of the program by MTRCB – the country’s self-appointed guadian of morality. Was it really bastos? Watch it and decide for yourself.
So Howie Severino stopped over here in Baler two weeks ago on the way to Isabela:
Looking for a place to charge my cell phone in a fishing village in Baler, Aurora last week, I was approached by a crowd of mothers who saw the episode and were intrigued by what they called a “tribal” practice, although the lola-phallusas (coined by a poster on the pcij blog) were fellow Tagalog speakers.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014