Francis Ford Coppola’s Vietnam war epic Apocalypse Now has been named as the number one film that cinemagoers should watch before they die by a panel of experts. Read here.
If you’re living in Mars or somewhere further, you might not know that parts of Apocalypse Now was shot in Baler and the gig was responsible for today’s biggest surfing community in the Philippines.
The Apocalypse Now scenes shot in Baler:1. Everything with Robert Duvall (Col. Kilgore) in it: Charlie don’t suf, the village attack scene, the ” I love the smell of napalm in the morning scene”; the scene where Martin Sheen and the chef was looking for mangoes and the subsequent tiger scene.
Eleanor Coppola wrote a diary about the shooting of the movie and it was eventually published as a book title Notes. Click here to read some excerpts from the book.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014