Thanks to my pal Eric I now have an iPod radio remote and can listen to the early morning local news from Baler’s two FM stations. Of course big thanks to Ms. Nympha Poblete for giving me the iPod nano where I can attach the FM remote to. I got the nano last February, the FM accessory last month. Here’s what I heard this morning while preparing to go to work:
The Baler-Casiguran Road is now passable. The temporary bridge at Villa Aurora is still under construction but big vehicles can now pass through the river so the Baler-Bongabong road is also passable. The Pantabangan road is also okay. Report courtesy of Jason De Asis.
Meanwhile Joe Mora reported on one Auroran who was evacuated from Lebanon along with those other OFWs. She was in the Middle East for 9 years and came home with her 2 year old daughter. She said they were given cooked upo (water gourd) to eat when they were at the evacuation place and when she arrived in the country she was given 300 pesos so that she can go home to Aurora.
Ka Joe Mora also reported about the suspension of Dinalungan’s Mayor and Vice Mayor. A municipal councilor was sworn in as the acting Mayor yeaterday by Gov. Castillo.
Meanwhile Isi Ruzol reminded the listeners that it is now exactly five months since Joey Estriber of the NGO Bataris Foundation was abducted. He is still missing. The BB posts about his abductio are here, here, and here.
By the way I also received Poppo Olag’s gift last month – an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder. I will use it to produce my own radio show on the internet. I’m still on the planning stage.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014