The new MLQ statue at the Quezon Park was officially unveiled by Sen. Edgardo J. Angara assisted by Quezon’s daughter Zeneida “Nini” Quezon AvanceÃ±a and her son Ricky Quezon AvanceÃ±a and Aurora Gov. Bellaflor Angara-Castillo.
The sitting statue of Manuel L. Quezon replaced the historical marker located at the center of the Quezon Park in front of the Museo De Baler near the town plaza.
Other local officials ang guests also attended the ceremony held in the early morning of August 19.
MLQ’s daughter Zeneida “Nini” AvanceÃ±a” looks over the statue.
Officials ang guests.
The 230-kilo statue was created by Julie Llutch and commissioned by Sen. Angara for a price of 1.2 million pesos. It took six months to finish the bronze statue.
Later, kids bonding time with “Lolo”.
Here’s a Manila Bulletin news about the unveiling of the statue and the Quezon Day celebration
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014