from Philippine Star (by Manny Galvez)
Tension reigns in this sleepy town as its mayor and vice mayor continue to defy the suspension order which Gov. Bellaflor Angara-Castillo slapped on them late last month on charges of gross misconduct and grave abuse of authority.
Additional policemen have been deployed here to prevent confrontation between the followers of embattled Mayor Marilyn Marquez and Vice Mayor Virgie Callejo and the supporters of acting Mayor Harvey Tubera.
Superintendent Teodoro Saclolo, provincial police director, sent 60 policemen last week to secure the municipal compound to avert violence between the camps of Marquez and Vallejo, who are still occupying their respective offices, and Tubera, who holds office at the session hall.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014