This photo from lakwatsa reminded me that I have vidcaps of Charlies Point scenes from Apocalypse Now, the Francis Ford Coppola movie that was partially shot in Baler back in summer 1976. The river delta village was called Charlies Point in the movie because it has lots of Chalies (Vietcong soldiers). The place also has great surfing waves so Col. Kilgore (played by Robert Duvall) decided to attack it so that his men could surf the beach.
The Apocalypse Now event in Baler spawned the biggest surfing community in the Phillipines 30 years later.
This aerial shot also shows that much of the original real state where the film was shot were already washed out to the sea. Check out the vidcaps.
The place as seen from one of the attack helicopters.
Lt. Col. Kilgore (Robert Duvall) looks over the place
Long shot of the village attack
Coming Soon: Proof that the Cemento Reef surfing spot is also Charlie’s Point.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014