Baler’s very own, Jeho Bitancor is one of this year’s Thirteen Artists Awardees of the Cultural Center of the Philippines. The other awardees are Ronald Anading, Mariano Ching, Lena Cobangbang, Daniel Coquilla, Luisito Cordero, Lyra Abueg Garcellano, Eugene Jarque, Jayson Oliveria, Gary-Ross Pastrana, Yasmin Sison-Ching, Ma. Cristina Valdezco, and Jevijoe Vitug.
There’s another person in this year’s awardees that I personally know, Jevijoe Vitug. He is Metong’s housemate and was here in Baler during Metong’s wedding.
The Thirteen Artists Award is named in honor of the pioneering group of thirteen Modernists in Philippine art, namely: Victorio Edades, Galo B. Ocampo, Carlos â€œBotongâ€ Francisco, Diosdado Lorenzo, Vicente Manansala Jr., Hernando R. Ocampo, Cesar T. Legaspi, Demetrio Diego, Bonifacio Cristobal, Jose Pardo, Arsenio Capili, Ricarte Purungganan, and Anita Magsaysay-Ho.
The Thirteen Artists Award began as a curatorial project of the CCP Museum under its first curator Roberto Chabet. It evolved to become a recognition of progressive, young artists who were chosen based on: a body of work characterized by artistic integrity; innovativeness and cogency of ideas; responsiveness to contemporary realities; and sustained artistic activity demonstrated in individual and collective exhibitions. The Award is now given every three years.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014