This is DoÃ±a Aurora Quezon’s birthplace. Its a national historical site. There’s a historical marker in front of this house. This is part of the local historical trail visited by tourists. The owner of an Internet center somewhere near the area may not know this. That red banner pointing to their location is an eyesore. Its like an unwanted popup ad in a website. That thing should be removed and placed elsewhere.
I noticed this during our recent Baler tour as part of our tour guides training. It must have been there a long time but I only noticed it’s inappropriateness when I was acting as a tourist. If i’m not from Baler, and on a tour bus, and brought to this area, I would immediately notice it as out of place. I may not even take a photo of the house.
Update: The banner was removed two weeks after this post. I’m beginning to think that this website could really make a change.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014