The current talk of the province is the alleged grand-scale illegal recruitment operation that was exposed with the arrest of its perpetrators, the sisters Malou Censon and Tessie Molina Villaluz and Yvonne Censon. They were arrested on Tuesday October 17 by operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) from Camp Crame. They acted based on the complaints from some of the more than 100 Aurorans, mostly government employees, they recruited to work as apple pickers in Canada. They were said to have paid the alleged illegal recruiters from 10,000 to 60,000 pesos as placement fees. Vice Mayor Neliato ‘Pilot’ Bihasa, in a radio interview, estimated that the suspects could have collected up to 7 million pesos from the operation. They are now in prison, without bail, at Camp Crame and will face at least three charges including large scale illegal recruitment and estafa. The case is already filed at the Department of Justice and will have a preliminary hearing on Monday, October 23. The recruitment rose up to this scale without being suspected as malicious and illegal because the persons involved were respected personalities in the Province. Tessie Villaluz used to be a Board Member of the province and they were not previously involved in any illegal activities.
Note: Information for this post were gathered from different local radio reports and some trusted sources. For more information, call your relatives.
Reporters of the local radio station Radyo Natin – Baler regularly reports to their mothership in Manila – DZRH. So if you have an AM radio, tune in to DZRH to catch their reports. If you’re outside the country, you can listen to DZRH via the internet. Check eradioportal for links.
There’s also a possibility that this news might end up on national TV either today or tomorrow. I heard that there will be a presscon about this. So tune in to your favorite TV station.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014