Electricity was restored yesterday at around 3 pm. Baler is back to normal. The residents of Dilasag, Casiguran and Dinalungan in the norhtern part of Aurora are still suffering from the effects of Typhoon Paeng. From inq7.net:
Thousands of families were displaced by the floods. Several persons remained missing.
Initial estimates placed damage to agriculture and livestock at P68.38 million. Damage to infrastructure was less, initially placed at P17 million in Aurora alone.
One good news surfaced. A child who was earlier reported to have drowned turned out to be alive, although seriously injured.
Aurora Governor Bellaflor Angara-Castillo said in a phone interview Tuesday that Ian Viares, 6, from Barangay Dimaseset in Dilasag, survived when strong waves washed out his familyâ€™s hut. The boy suffered fractured bones and was airlifted by an Army helicopter to a hospital in Baler in Aurora.
Floods and strong winds destroyed 183 houses and damaged 2,042 others in three northern Aurora towns, according to Castillo.
The floods in Dilasag, Casiguran and Dinalungan also ruined P12.5 million worth of crops and livestock, she said. Damage to infrastructure reached P17 million. Rampaging waters washed out the bridge in Barangay Dibacong in Casiguran.
Castillo said the three towns remained isolated as of Tuesday as the provincial road there was blocked by debris. She said the Aurora Memorial Hospital was ready to accommodate injured residents in Dinapigue, Isabela, north of Dilasag, on the request of the mayor there.
Power supply has yet to be restored in most towns in Aurora. The province was also the scene of devastating floods and landslides triggered by storms late 2004.
from news.balita.ph: Typhoon Paeng leaves six dead, 14 injured, 2 missing
from inq7.net: Hopes dim for Vizcayaâ€™s missing
from DSWD News Blog: Death toll from â€˜Paengâ€™ now 19; 20 fishermen rescued
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014