A TSUNAMI alert raised in the Philippines after an 8.1-magnitude earthquake struck near Japan sent thousands of residents fleeing to higher ground because of rumors and miscommunication, officials said Thursday.
In northeastern Aurora province, hundreds of families from at least three towns hardest hit by a recent typhoon fled to higher ground.
I heard that residents of Dinalungan, Casiguran and Dilasag rushed to the nearby hills at midnight after they got information that a tidal wave is coming. They stayed there until this morning.
more news from inq7.net: Tsunami warning lifted in RP
from Manila Standard Today: Tsunami alert rattles Luzon folk
Photo: Tsunami evacuation sign at Sitio Castillo, Baler, Aurora. Taken here.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014