Another typhoon is bearing towards Aurora Province. It is expected to hit the Dicadi (DInalungan-Casiguran-Dilasag) area tomorrow.
from the PAGASA website:
Issued At: 5:00 a.m., 29 November 2006 Synopsis : At 2 a.m. today, Typhoon “REMING” was located based on satellite and surface data at 480 kms east of Northern Samar (12.6Â°N 130.1Â°E) with maximum sustained winds of 120 kph near the center ang gustiness of up to 150 kph. It is forecast to move west northwest at 22 kph.
typhoon forecast from typhoon2000.com
Forecast Outlook: DURIAN is expected to turn more WNW to NW’ly within the next 24 to 48 hours – passing to the NE of Bicol Region or about 140 km. NE of Catanduanes or 25 km. ENE of Naga City by Thursday Nov 30 around 8 to 9 AM local time. The 3 to 5-day (Dec 01-03) long-range forecast remains the same showing a more northwesterly turn while slowing down, reaching Category 4 strength with projected wind speeds of 215 km/hr. DURIAN shall make landfall along Palanan Bay in Isabela Saturday evening, Dec 02 (approx 8 PM) & cross Southern Cagayan (passing very close to Tuguegarao) by Sunday morning Dec 03. Remember, that the 2 to 5-day forecast have a very large margin of errors!
Picture above from PAGASA
Update December 1, 2003: The typhoon changed course and missed Aurora province. The latest news from inq7.net is here. Sometime between Nov 29 and today, this post suddenly switched to private mode, which means that it became invisible. I wasn’t able to update yesterday because there was a scheduled brownout.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014