I don’t really know how to call it – Christmas Lantern or decoration or lighting display. I opted for the most technical one. Last November 29, the “belen” on the entire stage of the municipal plaza of Baler was officially lighted or turned-on. There was a program before the lighting but I was too far from the stage to notice it. Actually, this thingy was Baler’s official entry to a Lady’s Choice christmas decoration contest. The big spots of lights on the stage are actually bulbs inside used bottles of Lady’s Choice mayonnaise. I reckon there are hundreds of them. Other materials used were coconut husks, sabutan, bamboo and other indigenous materials. The “belen” is actually shaped like a giant coconut. The municipal building is also outlined with christmas lights. It took more than a month to finish the design. More pictures on the full page.
Merry Christmas on the left.
Happy New Year on the right.
The coconut “belen”
The long shot.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014