Kusina Aurora is a new addition to the growing list of events in the Aurora Day celebration. Mrs. Ilovita Mesina, the person who helmed this cookfest said that this is a brainchild of Sen. Edgardo Angara himself, who is planning to publish a book about local foods of Baler and Aurora.
The concept is like Iron Chef.Â Local offices and organizations were invited to join in this contest where they are pitted with each other and required to cook a full course meal using local ingridients, recipe and cooking style. A panel of judgesÂ decided on the winners of the competition. And for the best part, the foodies were offered for public consumption.
The contest was held at the Baler Municipal Plaza after the Aurora Day Parade and program. Five teams joined the competition. The group from the Rural Improvement Center (RIC) who opted for an affordable locally-flavoredÂ menu won the top prize. Their entry included a bilao of pinakbit with paku, boiled buting and piel, inihaw na malagunu, kinilaw na kamangsi and ginataang pinitpit na gabi with langka and peanut. A pitcher of buko juice was also prepared to chase the foods down the belly. Second and third prize winnersÂ are the DEPED and TESDA teams. Their menu will be posted on another post. The other two teams were from ASCOT and the Samahan ng mga Magkakarenderia sa Sabungan.
Click on the slideshow below to see the bigger pictures:
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014