From Philippine Star via abs-cbn interactive by Manny Galvez:
MA. AURORA, Aurora â€“ The Philippine Army has pulled out 300 of its troops operating in the province recently.
Army Lt. Col. Joselito Kakilala, battalion commander of the 48th Infantry Battalion, told The STAR that only 50 Armymen belonging to the battalionâ€™s Delta Company were left in the province.
“We have scaled down our men in Aurora but this is not to dismiss accusations of militarization. This should be good for tourism. Mas gaganda ang turismo kung kokonti ang military at hindi makakailang sa turista. (Tourism will be enhanced if there are few soldiers and it would not distract tourists),” he said.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014