Ivan Henares of Ivan About Town, which recently won the 2007 Philippine Blog Awards for Best Travel Blog visited Baler with his friends last week. Ivan is the Philippine equivalent of Lonely Planet’s Ian Wright and from the list of the places he visited on the sidebar of his blog, it seems like he only has a few more places to go before he could complete a Philippine Provincial Tour. Now, that’s a lot of traveling considering that Ivan is not running for the election.
Ivan is a travel freak, frustrated historian and heritage activist. A member of the Board of Trustees of the Heritage Conservation Society, he is a feisty advocate for the preservation of Philippine architectural heritage. The heritage conservation and cultural revival program he spearheaded in the City of San Fernando, Pampanga was among the Top Ten Best Practices of the League of Cities of the Philippines and a Trailblazing Project of the Gawad Galing Pook in 2004.
He also serves as a trustee of the San Fernando, Pampanga Heritage Foundation and director of the Ateneo Alumni Association.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014