from bulatlat.net by Dabet CastaÃ±eda:
She left school before she started her second year in college to join the New Peopleâ€™s Army in Aurora province. Sayrin fondly calls this as her long trip to her new school â€“ the school of life in the countryside.
Two deep wounds from an M-14 bullet cut across the right leg of Ka (short for kasama or comrade) Sayrin. Sitting on a makeshift hospital bed made of bamboo wood and white rice sacks inside this New Peopleâ€™s Army (NPA, the armed wing of the Communist Party of the Philippines or CPP) camp somewhere in the outskirts of this province, Ka Sayrin managed to smile (and sometimes laugh) despite the obvious pain brought by the wounds.
At exactly 3 in the afternoon of August 22, about 60 soldiers from the 69th Infantry Battalion of the Philippine Army (IB PA) attacked Ka Sayrin and 11 of her comrades while resting in one of the barangays (villages) in this province. The signal fire from the soldiers hit Ka Alex who was sleeping inside a taffeta hammock. â€œNagulat ako nung marinig yung putok. Tapus, nakita ko tumutulo na ang dugo mula sa duyan,â€ (I was surprised when I heard the sound of gunfire. Then I saw the blood dripping from the taffeta hammock.) Ka Sayrin said.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014