from Manila Standard Today by Ferdie Domingo:
DINGALAN, Auroraâ€”Only two years after three super-typhoons wiped out entire villages in this fourth-class town, residents complained that illegal logging has resumed at full steam with truck loads of newly-felled lumber being transported out of the remote village of Umiray at this provinceâ€™s border with Quezon.
Residents, who asked not be identified for fear of reprisal, said at least 10 trucks of freshly-cut flitches were transported out of the town on Wednesday night. The trucks were estimated to have carried 12,000 board feet of flitches each.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014