Another Balerian we should know and be proud of – Ms. Alicia Dela Torre De Castro, The Director of Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Mint and Refinery Operations Department. The Department is in charge of minting the coins and medals of the country as well as refining of gold for international reserve. Alicia T. De Castro is the third child of the late Felino L. dela Torre, a MalacaÃ±ang guard during the time of President Quezon, and Raymunda Nortez, a former public teacher at Baler Elementary School. Both natives of Baler with residence at Barangay Zabali. Alice is married to Joey de Castro, also a Chemical Engineer and her former classmate at the Mapua Insitute of Technology. They have 4 children, namely Reggie, Joven, Aljo and Joyce. She studied at Baler Central School and graduated as valedictorian at Baler Institute.
The picture above shows Mr. and Mrs. De Castro posing with President George H. W. Bush and wife Barbara Bush during a 2006 dinner party at Versailles Palace in Paris, France.
And here’s a 1987 picture showing Ms. Alice de Castro briefing the newly elected President Corazon C. Aquino on the coin minting operation of BSP.
Note: I posted this almost six months ago but accidentally set it to private mode, which means I am the only one who can see it. Now you can too.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014