from manila bulletin by Ariel AvendaÃ±o:
President Arroyo reiterated yesterday that the government is prioritizing the development of 500,000 hectares of lands in this timber-rich province for agribusiness ventures in the remaining two-and-a-half years of her term.
During the inspection of the R1.5-billion Tarlac-Nueva Ecija-Dingalan Port Road in Barangay Aplaya as part of the Luzon Urban Beltway, Mrs. Arroyo announced that she has instructed Department of Public Works and Highways Secretary Hermogenes Ebdane Jr. to enter into an agreement with the Department of Agriculture (DA) for the utilization of the Agricultural Competitiveness Enhancement Fund (ACEF) to open 500,000 hectares of lands in Casiguran, this province, to agribusiness development by concreting the Baler-Casiguran Road.
Read the complete news here.
I’m confused about the figures, especially in this paragraph:
She said that Sen. Edgardo Angara, who accompanied her in her trip here, said that 500,000 hectares of the two-million hectare land are readily available in Casiguran in northern Aurora.
According to the aurora.ph website, the land area of the whole province of Aurora is 323,954 hectares, and on this website it is 308,122 hectares. So the 500,000 hectares in Casiguran mentioned in this news is bigger than the entire Aurora Province, which is surely not all agricultural. Factcheck please!
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014