The bolo-fighting, lowa-speaking members of the Komedya de Baler from Buhangin will be performing at the University of the Philippines in Diliman for the First National Komedya Festival. from inquirer.net:
…the First National Komedya Festival, to be held Feb. 1-29 at the UP Diliman Amphitheater. This is part of the centennial celebration of the State University, and will be participated in by all the other UPs in the System: UP Manila, UP Los BaÃ±os, UP Baguio, UP Open University and UP Mindanao.
At UP Diliman, the festivities kick off with a grand parade on Feb. 1, 2 p.m., to be participated in by all the invited groups all over the country, and to be capped by fireworks in the evening. The whole month will be filled with activities on the campus, and the various colleges will be holding their own celebrations.
The festival itself will be held every Friday of the month, and there will be lectures, seminars, balagtasan (poetic jousts), games, exhibits, puppet shows, traditional games, storytelling, perya (carnival), and myriad other activities.
Classical music will be provided by the UP Symphony Orchestra; choral music by the Philippine Madrigal Singers and the UP Concert Chorus; and pop music by Area I Boys.
Participating bands are from the cities of Taguig, Antipolo, Quezon and ParaÃ±aque, along with the UP Symphonic Band.
Every Friday at 6-8 p.m., there will be performances by the Komedya ng San Dionisio (ParaÃ±aque); Hiraya Theater Company (San JosÃ©, Antique); Komedya ng Don Galo (ParaÃ±aque); Dulaang UP (UP Diliman); and Comedia de Baler (Aurora).
Wow, this is great. I still don’t have info on the date of their performance, but i believe it would be on the last week of February. Let’s mob this gig like another akaw invasion.
And i’m planning to do a video documentary on this thing, which will include the history of our unique Komedya de Baler. Any sponsors?
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014