Remember Arnel Pineda, the singer from the local band Zoo who was discovered on youtube by the guitarist of classic band Journey, of “Open Arms” fame, and later ended up as the band’s new vocalist? Well, Journey with Arnel on vocals just had their first performance last February 21 at the ViÃ±a del Mar International Song Festival at Chile, and from the videos of their performance, it seems that the crowd loves the Filipino guy. Here’s their performance of the classic Don’t Stop Believin’:
Us oldies might remember Arnel Pineda as the vocalist of Ang Tunay na Amo band from the 80s. They had a hit titled Running Away.
And here’s the band performing Faithfully:
And now, Open Arms:
Check out this short piece from the Rolling Stone magazine. Read the comments. Most are praises for the talent of the guy, some are racist remarks but they just can’t deny the power of the voice of this Pinoy.
Disclaimer: Although there are many Pineda’s in Baler, Arnel did not come from our small town between the sea and the sierra.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014