from inquirer.net: Aurora not Arroyo country, church groups say
Some 400 leaders of churches, non-government organizations and peopleâ€™s organizations in Aurora marched in the capital town of Baler on Saturday to dispute claims by local officials that the province is all-out for President Macapagal-Arroyo.
“Aurora is no GMA [Arroyoâ€™s initials] country. During the march, we denounced the systemic graft and corruption by the national and local governments,” said Fr. Israel Gabriel, social action director of the Vicariate of the Valley-Ding of the Prelature of Infanta, and Alfonso van Zijl, secretary of the Multi-Sectoral Action Groups, in a statement e-mailed Monday.
The claims that Aurora is pro-Arroyo came mostly from mayors, it was learned.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014