While searching online for info about the House Bill filed by Cong. Sonny Angara on the conversion of Baler into a component city, I found another bill he filed last December. It calls for the creation of a 9th municipality of Aurora to be called Dr. Juan C. Angara.
Here are the details from the congress website:
Session No.: 14-1RS-48
Date Filed: 2007-12-06
Full Title: AN ACT CREATING THE MUNICIPALITY OF DR. JUAN C. ANGARA IN THE PROVINCE OF AURORA AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
Principal Author: ANGARA, JUAN EDGARDO M.
Date Read: 2007-12-17
Primary Referral: LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Bill Status: Pending with the Committee on LOCAL GOVERNMENT since 2007-12-17
The text of the bill is not available on the website so I have no idea where this new proposed municipality will be carved-out of. Anyone who has info on this, please enlighten us. Or perhaps someone could contact his office for more info. His address is here.
This will be our next poll topic.
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014
- Baler and Quezon City to Ink Sisterhood Agreement - November 30, 2014