A news started spreading via SMS this morning that a D’Liner fell of a cliff in Pantabangan. There’s still few details but it is now confirmed that the bus was indeed a D’ Liner bus en route to Casiguran via Baler. It was reported that bus #588, the last trip for Casiguran, fell off a 25-meter ravine this morning when the breaks failed while managing a sharp and descending horseshoe turn along the Pantabangan road to Aurora. 9 passengers were reportedly killed and several others were injured. It is a common knowledge in Aurora that D’Liner bus drivers drives like the car drivers from The Fast and the Furious. On January 2006, a D’Liner bus figured in an accident along the Ditailen highway when it hit a crossing tricycle and rolled off the road.
The news is already on the net: from inquirer breaking news:
At least nine people were killed and several others were hurt when a bus fell off a ravine in Nueva Ecija Friday, police said.
The D-Liner bus bound for Casiguran, Aurora plunged into a ravine along the village of Malbang, in the town of Pantabangan around 10:30 a.m., said Chief Superintendent Errol Pan, Central Luzon police chief.
Two of the casualties were identified as Rudy Ronquillo and James Santiago, said Pan.
The bus driver, Peter Bulingit, had been rushed to a nearby hospital, he added.
And from abs-cbnnews online:
Nine people were reported killed after a passenger bus plunged into a 25-meter ravine along the Pantabangan-Baler Road in Nueva Ecija province Friday morning.
Senior Inspector Reyolito Barcelo of the Nueva Ecija police said the driver, Peter Balingit, lost control of the bus after its breaks failed while traveling along the Pantabangan-Baler Road at past 10 a.m.
Barcelo said the bus plunged into the ravine killing nine people and injuring several others. The injured victims, including the bus driver, were rushed to different hospitals in Cabanatuan City.
The police officer said Barcelo (sic) may be slapped with charges of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide and physical injuries.
Stay tuned for updates.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014