Mula sa gmanews.tv:
A Catholic bishop and some priests from Infanta in Quezon province have started leading efforts to defend the environment by mobilizing the local communities.
Fr. Boyet Valenzuela of Dinalungan, Quezon said several priests have also been actively involved in the anti-logging campaign in their parishes.
Valenzuela recently received death threats after leading a group composed mostly of Basic Ecclesial Communities (BEC) leaders in investigating logging activities.
Mula naman sa website ng CBCP:
The Task Force Sierra Madre, headed by Fr. Pete Montellana, is coordinating the anti-logging campaign. It has exposed the corruption in Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) that has allowed illegal logging to continue.
Matagal nang daing ng karamihan sa Aurora na itigil na ang lahat na uri ng logging dito sa Aurora maging ito ay yung tinatawag nilang carabao logging o yung commercial logging. Lahat na kakayahan ng gobyerno ay nakatutok lamang laban sa mga small-time loggers o carabao loggers. Iyan ang tinatawag nilang “illegal loggers”. Pero yung mga commercial loggers ay hindi nila pinapansin kahit alam nating mas malaki ang mas malawak ang nagagawa nilang pagsira sa kalikasan.
Kailangan siguro nating malaman kung ano talaga ang posisyon ng mga lokal na politiko tungkol sa lahat na uri ng logging at kung anu ang mga ginagawa nilang hakbang hinggil dito. Sino ang magtatanung?
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014