From the Philippine Senate website, November 17, 2008:
Senator Edgardo J. Angara today received the National Book Award for Travel for his book Baler in this year’s 27th National Book Awards presented by the National Book Development Board and the Manila Critics Circle in cooperation with the National Commission for the Culture and the Arts at the Yuchengco Museum.
“Baler takes us into a journey to the capital town of Aurora, a province situated between the Sierra Madre range and a vast coastline opening to the Pacific. Baler and the rest of Aurora are often associated with raw and rugged attractions, lushness and pristine beauty. Those who have visited this side of the Pacific would know that our coastline is one of our best attractions,” said Angara who authored the book Baler.
The good Senator should have this book printed on paperback and distributed in different schools especially here in Aurora. I saw a copy of this coffee table book at National Bookstore in Mall of Asia last week and it’s worth Php 3,999.00. If you can’t shell out that amount, there’s a longish excerpts available online at aurora.ph.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014