from inquirer.net by Tonette Orejas
Fighting what they called displacement from their homes and farms, more than 1,500 farmers, fishermen and Dumagat natives from five villages in Casiguran, Aurora, held a protest caravan on Monday to stop the establishment of an economic zone there.
Riding the â€œkuligligâ€ (farm tractor used in transporting people and produce) and tricycles, the protesters converged at the Casiguran town hall at noon and aired their appeal to local officials to stop the establishment of the Aurora Special Economic Zone Authority (Aseza).
Related article from the Pamalakaya Times: Auroraâ€™s ecozone plan, a reward to Angaras for licking GMAâ€™s boots, group says.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014