These stamps were issued yesterday (June 30) during the celebration of the 7th Filipino-Spanish Friendship Day to commemorate the 400th Anniversary of the evangelization of the town of Baler. The stamps features the old and the new Baler church. An official first day cover envelope was also issued with the stamps. The envelopes with 2 stamps were sold yesterday for 22 pesos each. I bought 2 pieces for souvenir.
A closer scrutiny of the stamp showing the new Baler church reveals some errors in the illustrations. The bell tower is too small and the walls of the recessed baptistry on the front right side of the church is missing and replaced by a window.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014