from Business Mirror Online by Jonathan L. Mayuga
FARMERS in Dingalan, Aurora, on Wednesday asked the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) to distribute immediately more than 4,000 hectares of land within the Fort Magsaysay Military Reservation (FMMR) to boost the governmentâ€™s effort to fight hunger and poverty in the country.
The farmers from the four barangays of Matawe, Ibona, Cargsacan and Butas na Bato expressed fear that the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) will eventually kick them out of the military reservation.
The farmers have been cultivating land inside the military reservation for more than four decades. They won a battle for the right to cultivate after 4,752 hectares of land were awarded to 805 farmer-beneficiaries in 1993.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014