Don’t you miss this one peeps. It’s your chance to get some culture other than agri-culture. It’s on August 18, 7PM at the Juan C. Angara Multi-Purpose Center aka Baler Sports Complex. I’ll definitely be there as this will be my first time to see the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra. Rakenrol!
from the CCP website:
As part of the year long celebration of the quadricentennial of Baler, Quezon, the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP), the Office of Senator Edgardo J. Angara, and the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA), in cooperation with the Municipality of Baler and the Province of Aurora, present a special performance entitled GABI NG MUSIKANG PILIPINO on August 18, 2009 at 7:00pm to be held at the Don Juan C. Angara Multi-Purpose Center, Baler, Quezon.
The concert consists of original Filipino music from the Spanish colonial period to the present, to be performed by some of the countryâ€™s most outstanding Filipino musical artists–Rachelle Gerodias (soprano), Ervin Lumauag (tenor), Isay Alvarez (vocalist), Bo Cerrudo (vocalist), the Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group and the UP Singing Ambassadors under Ed Manguiat, choirmaster, together with the countryâ€™s national orchestra, the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra (PPO) under the baton of Maestro Agripino Diestro. Promising artists from Baler will also be featured such as the Baler Pangkat Kawayan, Aurora Performing Arts Group, Baler National High School Choir, and Baler youth and childrenâ€™s choirs.
Directed by Felix Monino Duque, the performance will be a first of its kind in Baler and is expected to be viewed not only by the people of Baler, but also people from the neighboring towns and municipalities of Aurora province.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014