Baler sa Puso Ko is an original modern zarzuela with libretto written by Dr. Isagani Cruz and original compositions by Lutgardo Labad. It was staged by The NCCA at the Baler Sports Complex from August 12 to 15, 2009 as part of the Baler 400 celebration. It stars Montet Acoymo, Liesl Batucan, Lara Maigue, Al Gatmaitan, Cercado Sisters, UST Liturgikon Choir, and the Aurora Performing Arts Group.
Here are two selected scenes from the play, taken during the gala night on August 15.
The Baler Fiesta scene:
This is another scene:
Emilio and the young Maria were played by Patrick Angara and Kristine Sindac from Baler.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014