The Center for Art, New Ventures and Sustainable Development (CANVAS), in cooperation with the Vargas Museum, and with support from the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) presents Everyday Filipino Heroes art exhibit and outdoor banner project. Paintings of Jeho and Johann Bitancor will be included in the exhibit.
In Everyday Filipino Heroes, artworks from dozens of artists send a collective message that elections are not about looking for saviors or heroes, because they are already all around – and within – us. Images of their original works will also be used for outdoor banners that will line the Universityâ€™s famed acacia-sheltered Academic Oval, and create a parallel public art exhibit that engages in a relaxed and non-intimidating environment.
The exhibit will open on May 1, Saturday at 4:00 am at the Vargas Museum of the University of the Philippines in Diliman. It will run until May 31, 2010.
Jeho Bitancor’s painting – Pedicab (2′ x 4′)
“Ordinary Filipinos like the pedicab driver and regular commuter endure as much tragedy from Bad Government as from natural disasters. Their deprived but honest existence reaffirms our faith in goodness and the need to struggle against the existing social order.”
Jose Johann Bitancor’s painting – Magtitinda (2′ x 4′)
“My work depicts a typical street vendor engaged in a day to day survival in the daily grind. They are bereft with the luxuries in life but are nevertheless blessed with undying hope, perseverance and honest intent.” – Johann
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014