This photo was from Mr. Rollie Querijero. It was a group shot of a Flores de Mayo entourage taken inside Baler Church. In May 1939. It has so many details that a historian could learn many things just from this one photo. You might have pictures like this hidden in your Kak-ka’s baul. Bring them to light, have them scanned and give them a second life. That’s why photographs were invented, for the memories. Post it on your facebook page or send it to me at batangbaler at gmail dot com.
One of the most viewed photo album in my Facebook account is this collection of old photos from Baler and Aurora collected from the web, old books and magazines and from Balerians like Poppo Olag and Mrs. Mesina. Some photos from this collection have made it to exhibits at the National Library, NCCA, Malacañang and The Museo De Baler. If you want to add pictures to this collection, then start digging.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014