Kinagunasan Festival/Street Dancing Competition
February 18, 2011
Capitol Grounds, Baler, Aurora
276 years ago, on December 27, 1735, the small town of Baler was devastated by a tidal wave that almost wiped-out the entire village. It was said that only a few families survived the catastrophe. The incident we now call Tromba Marina prompted our ancestors to relocate the town to it’s present location. They called the old village Kinagunasan. That piece of history serves as the backdrop of this year’s reboot of the street dance competition titled Kinagunasan: A festival of Hope, A Celebration of Life. I like to see how the the other towns would interpret this piece of history into dance since the Tromba Marina happened only in Baler and the other towns were spared by the devastation.
For a great account of the Tromba Marina, read this article by Olag Selaznog.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014