One of the biggest and oldest surfing competitions in the Philippines kicks off today at Sabang Beach, Baler, Aurora as part of the Aurora Day 2013 Celebrations. The competition will last until February 10. The eliminations will be at Sabang while the finals will happen at Cemento. Don’t miss.
And for the surfing peeps, here’s the weather and swell forecast for the period of the event, from Swellwatch:
And today’s (Feb 7) weather report from the ever-reliable PAGASA:
“The whole country will be partly cloudy with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms particularly over cagayan valley and the provinces of aurora and quezon, bicol region, eastern visayas and the regions of caraga and davao. Moderate to strong winds blowing from the east to southeast will prevail over northern luzon and from the east to northeast over the eastern section of central and southern luzon, eastern visayas and of mindanao. The coastal waters along these areas will be moderate to rough. Elsewhere, winds will be light to moderate coming from the northeast with slight to moderate seas.”
See you at the beach folks!
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014