That’s from the report published by the Department of Interior and Local Government in their website on August 23. Considering that there are 1,491 municipalities in the country, being in the Top 6 is a great feat for San Luis. Mayor Annabelle Tangson posted this comment in my FB post about her town’s accomplishment:
Thank you sa mga opisyales at mga mamamayan ng San Luis. Nangyari Ito dahil sa ating pagkakaisa at mabuting pagsasamat, sa susunod dapat number one na. Taos pusong pasasalamat!
San Luis is also the top municipality in Aurora Province based on the Good Governance Index (2008) issued by National Statistical Coordinating Council.
Good Governance Index of Aurora Municipalites (2008) (source: www.nscb.gov.ph)
1. San Luis – 240.35/Rank 174
2. Dinalungan – 227.96/Rank 202
3. Casiguran – 216.22/Rank 248
4. Dipaculao – 187.41/Rank 364
5. Dilasag – 176.40/Rank 438
6. Baler – 175.74/Rank 444
7. Maria Aurora – 154.47/Rank 606
8. Dingalan – 115.13/Rank 1,110