Last Friday the 13th I was invited to judge in one of the contests of the DEPED Division Integrated Competition in Math, Science, MAPEH, TLE and PPE. Don’t ask me about those initials, I don’t know what they stand for. So as a value added service, they get free coverage. And this one really needs coverage. Being an event with a captured audience, the DEPED people doesn’t really need to promote it. But judging from what I saw, this could be turned into a festival of sorts. More people should know about this. It’s more fun!
The Division Integrated Competition is a one day event where students in elementary and high school from Aurora Province compete in contests ranging from the usual quiz bee and singing and dancing to other unexpected ones like nail art, tarpaulin making and movie trailer production. This year, all the contest were held simultaneously in three different venues in Baler and the audiences were mostly the participants themselves, their parents, and the teachers. Check out some pictures:
There are many quiz bees happening at the same time. This one is the Science Quiz Bee at the Aurora National Science High School.
The Science Art contest at ANSHS.
Nail Art Contest at the Baler Central School.
Hairdressing and makeup contest.
I think this is a sculpting or a toy-making contest.
On-the spot painting contest at the Baler Central School oval.
Songwriting competition at the Angara Hall, BCS.
The makeup models being judged.
Judging of the hair and make-up contest.
Website Design Competition. There’s also a tarpaulin design contest.
Cooking contest. I would like to be a judge in this one.
Presentation and judging for the short documentary and movie trailer production contest. This is where I judged. The kids were given only one day to produce their videos and they did well. The docu team from Casiguran won and the ANSHS team won in the movie trailer-making contest.
There were other contests that I didn’t able to take pictures of like the street dancing contest, the dance contest, the shadow theater contest and many more. It’s a fun event, the DEPED should consider mainstreaming this one.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014