Relatives of former Aurora Governor Edgardo “Eddie” L. Ong announced his passing yesterday, October 2, 2013, at the age of 61 due to liver failure. His remains will be brought to Baler today, October 3, for a two-day wake at the Provincial Capitol.
“Gov Eddie” was the Vice Governor of Aurora province from 1987 until 1991 when he succeeded as Governor due to the death of then Governor Eunice Guerrero-Cucueco. He was later elected as Governor on 1992 and served three full terms until 2001.
Born on July 25, 1952 at Baler, former Governor Eddie Ong was the fourth child of Lt. Governor Estrello Ong and Natalia Lumasac Ong. He was married to Ramoncita “Chit” Ong who also served as Aurora Governor from 2001 to 2004. They have three children, Michael, Christine and Gian Carlo.
Update: The remains of former Governor Eddie Ong will lie in state at the Sangguning Panlalawigan hall, Provincial Capitol Baler, Aurora until Friday night. On Saturday, he will be transferred back to Manila and will be buried at the Heritage Memorial Park, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City next week.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014