We were invited as one of the judges in the Lantern Making Contest organized by the Provincial Capitol as part of this year’s Paskong Handog ng PGA last December 8. It’s the first day of the program that also includes the lighting of the giant Christmas tree, a program for kids featuring the Jollibee mascot, Christmas bazaar and nightly shows at the Capitol grounds.
Almost thirty lanterns made from recyclable materials were entered in the competition. There’s supposed to be a lantern parade but rains caused by typhoon Ruby got in the way. The “parols” were judged based on originality, craftsmanship and use of recycled/recyclable materials, and overall impact.
The lanterns will be on display at the Capitol until the first week of January.
- The 10 Things You Missed When You Went to Baler - August 7, 2016
- 4 Baler Tourist Spots That are Not Located in Baler - May 16, 2016
- Historical Data of Casiguran 1952 - January 30, 2016
- How to Get to Baler - May 1, 2015
- Aurora Day 2015 Events - February 4, 2015
- Christmas @ The Capitol - December 9, 2014
- Google Earth – Baler 2014 - December 7, 2014
- Jose Johann Bitancor – 2nd Solo Exhibition - December 4, 2014
- Aurora NGP Week Photo Contest - December 3, 2014
- National Greening Program Aurora Week Starts Today - December 1, 2014